Thursday, July 29, 2010

Are you cool?

A few years ago, I went on a cross country road trip with my grandparents.
We stopped in at a cousin's house who I hadn't seen since I was around five.

I was sitting in her room with her, when she asks:


She asks again, "No, are you COOL?"
Blank stare...

"Do you smoke!?"
"Oh! Sure.."

So, we get into her truck and partake as she barrels down tiny backroads in the middle of a forest.
After a while she asks, "DO YOU KNOW WHERE WE ARE?"

I'm sure I had the look of utmost terror on my face.

She just laughed as she continued driving.
Shortly thereafter, we stopped to pick up two of her friends.


Who turned out to be Tweedledee and Tweedledum...

She then took us all to the lake.
I stood with my feet in the water for a long while practicing karate moves...

Until I look across the lake to see Jesus, arms spread walking towards me.

I turn around frantically looking for help, to see Tweedledee and Tweedledum bobbing around.

I decided to make a run for the truck, until I noticed that it had turned into a giant turkey.

Eventually I was coaxed into the truck and my cousin dropped me back off at the hotel we were staying at.
It was probably after midnight.

My Grandpa opens the door and immediately asks:

"Have you been smoking those funny cigarettes?"


2 comments:

  1. Miss yahhh.
    Oh, and we should totally walk that 81 miles again, dying from sleep deprivation, all so you can re-tell that story to me.
    And then we can laugh all the way.
    Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Again, tears of laughter. Maybe the giant turkeymobile tipped your grandpa off.

    ReplyDelete