Monday, June 21, 2010

My Soccer Career.

I played soccer for a few years in elementary school. I also took ballet.
I preferred ballet, so I spent most of my time doing pliés across the field.
That's probably why they made me the "goalie protector". I think they just made that position up for me because they weren't sure if I was mentally challenged or not.


I only made one goal during my entire soccer career.
I remember somehow getting the ball and deciding that today would be the day I made a goal.
I was running down the field so fast that none of the other kids even bothered trying to catch up with me.


As I neared the goal, everyone started going wild and cheering for me!


I waved at all of my admirers as I was getting ready to kick the ball!


I kicked the ball into the goal with such ferocious intensity, that the goalie just jumped out of the way!

I was so happy that I made my first goal!

Suddenly, I realized that I had actually scored for the opposing team.
And those cheers were actually people trying to warn me that I was going the wrong way.

I never played soccer again.

3 comments:

  1. HOORAY! i'm going to comment on every single one of your entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It could've been worse. I was the fucking peguin! Stupid Grandpa finding that damn costume at a yard sale! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that's why I had to add the Penguin in there. Because I love you!

    ReplyDelete